At Romano Law Group, Destiny Barbosa is focused on personal injury cases. She specializes in trucking crashes and catastrophic injuries. She also handles criminal defense cases including misdemeanors and felonies in Palm Beach County.
Destiny earned her Juris Doctorate from Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville,
Florida. Impressively, she graduated one year early, with Cum Laude Honors and received a certificate in Civil Litigation. During law school she was a member of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, received multiple Dean’s List honors, and earned book awards for Contracts II and Dependency.
Opting for practical experience, Destiny enjoyed interning while in law school. She was a law clerk for Honorable Waddell Wallace III, in Duval County’s Repeat Offender Court where she conducted research on complex issues such as Florida’s Habitual Felony Offender Statutes and Ineffective Assistance of Counsel cases. Following her clerkship, Destiny became a Certified Legal Intern with the State Attorneys’ Office in Jacksonville where she enjoyed being in the courtroom as an advocate for victims in North Florida.
In her free time, Destiny enjoys volunteering with local animal rescue organizations and spending time with her husband and family.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, JD, 2017
- Florida, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2019
Memberships and Associations
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- Palm Beach County Justice Association, Board Member YLD, 2020 – current
- Volunteer at Cats Exclusive, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s List
- Book Award Contracts II
- Book Award Dependency
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40